If you are living or coming to Delhi then you have plenty of options for weekend getaways from Delhi to live beyond the monotonous routine. From charming hill-stations to places known for culture and heritage, Delhi has a wide range of refreshing getaways to help you escape the daily chaos. Read below to know about some of the top weekend getaways from Delhi. These weekend getaways are most popular and affordable.
Top 12 Weekend Getaways from Delhi
Jaipur, the Pink City is the capital of Rajasthan which exhibits the spirit of the Rajasthani culture. From the astonishing monuments to the finger-licking Rajasthani food, it stands straight as the top weekend getaways from Delhi for all the history and art lovers.
- Key attractions of Jaipur: Ajmer Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, and Jal Mahal.
- Distance of Jaipur from Delhi: Around 288 Kms
Jaipur Weekend Getaway Tour
Shimla and Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Set among the beautiful hills and breathtaking views, Shimla and Manali are surely one of the best-planned cities in India. These towns are enriched with natural beauty to make it a perfect destination for any tourist.
- Key attractions in Manali: Paragliding, rafting, skiing, Hidimba Devi Temple, Rohtang Pass.
- Key attractions in Shimla: The Ridge, Jakhu Temple, Toy Train, Christ Church.
- Distance of Shimla from Delhi: Around 350 Kms
- Distance of Manali from Shimla: Around 265 Kms
Haridwar and Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
Another popular weekend getaways near Delhi. Haridwar and Rishikesh are considered to be the most sacred place in India. Known as the hub for temples and ashrams, these places can awaken the soul of any human being. Apart from this, you can also indulge in sports like river rafting, trekking, and giant wheeling.
- Key attractions in Rishikesh: River rafting, bungee jumping, cliff jumping, Lakshman Jhula
- Key attractions in Haridwar: Har-Ki-Pauri, Mansa Devi, Sapt Rishi
- Distance of Haridwar from Delhi: Around 248 Kms
- Distance of Rishikesh from Haridwar: Around 20 Kms
Haridwar Rishikesh Tour from Delhi
Mathura and Vrindavan, U.P
Mathura and Vrindavan belong to the memories of Lord Krishna. Hence it is known as the religious tourism gateway for Hindus and other religion like Buddhists, Brahmanical Jain and so on. It is among the most affordable weekend getaways from Delhi.
- Key attractions in Vrindavan: Madan-Mohan, Radha Vallabh, Banke-Bihari and Shahji
- Key attractions in Mathura: Dwarkadhish Temple, Janambhoomi, Govardhan Hill
- Distance of Mathura from Delhi: Around 173 Kms
- Distance of Vrindavan from Mathura: Around 16 Kms
Agra is known as the home of love and architectural masterpieces. The beautiful artwork done on monuments is mesmerizing. Apart from its monuments, all the foodies can get the exciting stuff like the famous Agra Petha, chaat, and Lassi.
- Key attractions in Agra: Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, and Agra Fort
- Distance of Agra from Delhi: Around 233 Kms
Taj Mahal and Bharatpur Weekend Tour
Jim Corbett, Uttarakhand
Jim Corbett is the popular place to explore for all the wildlife lovers. Known for Bengal Tigers, this place is enriched with flora and fauna. If you are wildlife lover then this is the perfect place to visit near Delhi.
- Key attractions in Jim Corbett: Jungle Safari, Corbett waterfall, Elephant Ride, Dhangarhi Museum
- Distance of Jim Corbett from Delhi: Around 279 Kms
Corbett Weekend Trip
Nainital is a hill station with beautiful surrounding and atmosphere. It is known as the City of Lakes to give you the break from your monotonous routine.
- Key attractions in Nainital: Betalghat Trek, Kilbury Trek, Snow View Trek, Tiffin top, Nainital Lake, Kainchi Dham.
- Distance of Nainital from Delhi: Around 334 Kms
Nainital Weekend Tour
Udaipur can easily hypnotize anyone with the artwork and intricate carving. It comes with several beautiful lakes, palaces and temples to accentuate the charm of the city to another level.
- Key attractions of Udaipur: Lake Pichola, Bagore ki Haveli, City Palace, Jagdish Temple.
- Distance of Udaipur from Delhi: Around 652 Kms
The air in Punjab is filled with positivity, joy and fun. Punjabi’s love for food and travel make their hospitality unparalleled. Apart from sightseeing, you enjoy the scrumptious food along with clothes famous for the Phulkari work.
- Key attention in Amritsar: Golden Temple, Wagah Border, the Amritsari cuisine, Jaliawala Bagh
- Distance of Amritsar from Delhi: Around 452 Kms
Amritsar Weekend Getaway Tour
McLeodganj, Himachal Pradesh
McLeodGanj is a suburb of Dharamshala in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh. Mcleodganj has embraced tourist with natural beauty and Tibetan ethnicity. It is surely one of the popular weekend getaways from Delhi and is affordable. You can enjoy some amazing local music performances and local cafes to get an insight into the Tibetan culture.
- Key attractions of McLeodganj: Monastery visits, shopping, cafe-hopping, Triund.
- Distance of McLeodganj from Delhi: Around 488 Kms
Ranthambhore (Ranthambore) is a perfect place to fill up the soul with some live wildlife memories. This park is a home for many animals and birds. Here you can expect historic ruins with amazing natural beauty.
- Key attractions in Ranthambore: Ranthambore fort, Trinetra Ganesh Temple, Surwal Lake, Jogi Mahal, Jungle Safari
- Distance of Ranthambore from Delhi: Around 375 Kms
Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
Kasauli is surrounded by natural beauty, chestnut and pine trees. The jaw-dropping view and enchanting calmness make it the best stress reliever for the weekday’s blues.
- Key attractions in Kasauli: Sunset Point, Trekking to Monkey Point, Hanuman Temple, Gilbert Trail, Lover’s Lane, Mall Road.
- Distance of Kasauli from Delhi: Around 288 Kms